The church, which at its heart is medieval, has been reshaped and expanded many times. At the end of the 15th century, the original Romanesque structure was replaced by a new, late-Gothic building. Only the tower remained from the medieval building. After another conversion into the Baroque style, there is proof of a consecration in 1761. In 1886 and from 1899 to 1901, the church was then rebuilt. The tower was extended in 1892.