The original church or chapel dates back to the 13th or 14th century This was discovered in the choir area of the current parish church during recent renovation work. In the 15th century, this was extended and the high altar was consecrated in 1497. The Gothic church was pulled down, except the tower, in the middle or the end of the 17th century. The church was built on the remains of the walls and rubble about 1.5 m higher. The last major renovation was carried out and completed between 1981 and 1985.